A sleek, pocketable, and quite capable camera, the black PowerShot G9 X Mark II from Canon mixes a compact form factor with advanced imaging capabilities. Pairing a 20.1MP 1″ CMOS sensor with a DIGIC 7 image processor, this combination produces clean, high-resolution image quality well-suited to working in difficult lighting conditions, with extended sensitivity to ISO 12800, and also avails quick shooting performance up to 8.2 fps for working with moving subjects. Full HD 1080p video recording is also supported, as well as in-camera time-lapse movies for producing dynamic moving image content. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a versatile 3x optical zoom lens, which covers a wide-angle to portrait-length 28-84mm equivalent focal length range, and Dynamic IS benefits this reach by minimizing the appearance of camera shake. The slim camera body also features a 3.0″ touchscreen LCD for intuitive control as well as built-in Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth for wirelessly transferring imagery and remotely controlling the camera from a mobile device.
20.1MP 1″ CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 7 Processor
3x Optical Zoom Lens and Image Stabilization
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- For live view monitoring and image playback, a 3.0″ 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available and features a touchscreen design for intuitive settings control and menu navigation.
- Compact, pocket-sized form factor is ideal for carrying with you at all times.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC allows you to wirelessly transfer images to a linked mobile device and Bluetooth pairing allows you to easily connect to smartphones or tablets to permit remote control over the camera from your device using the Canon Camera Connect app.
- The included NB-13L rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 235 shots per charge when working with the screen on, or approximately 315 shots per charge in ECO mode.
Other Camera Features
- Time-Lapse Movie functions let you record a series of stills over a set time period, then automatically merge and output the time-lapse as a video for seamless playback.
- In-camera raw conversion lets you apply a range of creative adjustments to your raw files, such as Auto Light Optimizer and Picture Style adjustments, and then export them as edited JPEGs directly from the camera.
- Picture Style effects allow you to creatively refine the look of imagery in-camera while shooting; these modes include Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, and three User Defined settings.
Canon G9 X Mark II Specs
|Pixels||Actual: 20.9 Megapixel
Effective: 20.1 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Focal Length||10.2 to 30.6mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 28 to 84mm)|
|Digital Zoom||4x Maximum (12x Combined Zoom)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/2 to 4.9|
1.97″ to Infinity / 5 cm to Infinity (Wide)
1.1′ to Infinity / 35 cm to Infinity (Telephoto)
1.97″ to Infinity / 5 cm to Infinity (Wide)
1.6′ to Infinity / 50 cm to Infinity (Telephoto)
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125 to 6400 (Extended: 125 to 12800)|
|Shutter Speed||1/2000 to 30 Seconds
1/2000 to 1 Second in Auto Mode
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 8.2 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 21 Frames (Raw)
Up to 8.1 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 38 Frames (JPEG)
Up to 5.3 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 102 Frames (JPEG)
Up to 4 fps at 20.1 MP for Unlimited Frames (Raw) / Unlimited Frames (JPEG)
|Special Options||Fireworks, Fish-Eye Effect, Handheld Night, Miniature Effect, Portrait, Toy Camera Effect|
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/29.97p/59.94p
HD (1280 x 720) at 29.97p
SD (640 x 480) at 29.97p
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
|Audio File Format||AAC LC|
|Display Type||Fixed Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Forced On, Off, Slow Sync|
|Effective Flash Range||1.6 to 19.7′ / 0.5 to 6 m (Wide)
1.6 to 7.9′ / 0.5 to 2.4 m (Telephoto)
|External Flash Connection||None|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Connectivity||HDMI D (Micro), USB Micro-B (USB 2.0)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 90%|
|Battery||1 x NB-13L Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.6 VDC, 1250 mAh (Approx. 235 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||3.9 x 2.3 x 1.2″ / 98 x 57.9 x 31.3 mm|
|Weight||7.27 oz / 206 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
|Package Weight||1.19 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.3 x 5.75 x 2.55″|